"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

Welcome to the world of a dreamer...a person who is heavily influenced by music, a person who loves looking at things with a simplistic outlook. I am a big fan of The Beatles.

About Me

My Photo
I am a dreamer, procrastinator, last-minute worker. Music is my passion--I am an obsessive music collector. Often I collect gigabytes of music only with the hope to listen to'em "someday". I like writing, reading, and I also cherish to learn to play the guitar someday...

Angry Bird

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

My Favorite Bands


A not so comprehensive list of my favorite bands and artists:
  • Acoustic Alchemy, A-Ha, Aerosmith, Astrud Gilberto
  • Beatles, Bob Marley, B.B King, Bob Dylan, Black Sabbath, Bee Gees, Bryan Adams 
  • Coldplay, Chris Rea, Carlos Antonio Jobim 
  • The Doors, Deep Purple, Dire Straits, Dio, Def Leppard
  • Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Elvis Presley, Ennio Morricone, Eminem
  • Frank Sinatra, Francis Goya
  • George Harrison, Garbage, Guns'N Roses, Gypsy Kings
  • Iron Maiden
  • John Lennon, Jennifer Paige, Jennifer Lopez, John Denver, Julian Lennon, Joe Satriani,
  • Leigh Nash, Lionel Richie
  • Metallica, Megadeth, Michelle Branch, Mark Knopfler, Marc Antoine, Michael Jackson, Michael Learns to Rock
  • Nirvana
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney
  • Queen
  • Rainbow, Rufus Wainwright, Ringo Starr, Ritchie Blackmore, Rahul Sharma, Richard Clayderman, Robbie Williams
  • Scorpions, Sixpence None The Richer, Shakira, Santana, Sheryl Crow, Sean Lennon, Steve Vai, Simply Red, Spyro Gyra, Stevie Wonder
  • Travis, Take That, Todd Rundgren
  • Utopia
  • Will Smith

5 comments:

Sir Lance said...

We're very dsimiliar even i download and i love all the artist u love... Whats ur favorite Black Sabbath song??

Ishtiaque said...

I have many favorites. Listing a few:

1. Paranoid
2. NIB
3. War Pigs
4. Headless Cross
5. Children of The Sea

Sir Lance said...

I have only heard of Ozzy era is the Dio era any good?

Have you seen any John Lennon Documentaries or Bios?

If yes can you recommend the good ones to me i want to start reading on this guy in-depth...

Ishtiaque said...

Dio and Ozzy era in Black Sabbath history are totally different. I am big fan of Dio and hence I like his work with Sabbath, too. Some of the albums are much acclaimed. For starters, you can try the album "Heaven and Hell", which is treated as one of the best Sabbath album.

I have read many books on the Beatles, but not any one specific to John Lennon. You can watch the movie "Nowhere Boy" which is a good biography.

Sir Lance said...

Well which books can you recommend me any good biography of them expect Anthology as its not available here....